bows, chris messina, dessert, elite daily, graduating college, growing up, hong kong, jewelry, ladies market, meringue, mindy kaling, Mindy Project, mongkok, post-grad life, rings, sweets, television, television couples, the friday five, the mindy project, travel, traveling, yummy
1) The Mindy Project: Who else watched The Mindy Project’s winter finale (“The Desert”) this past Tuesday? I’ve been a fan of the show since the beginning and I completely, totally loved this episode. And it’s not just because (SPOILER ALERT–stop reading now if you haven’t watch the episode yet!) Mindy and Danny finally kissed. I thought the episode did a great job of showing exactly why Mindy and Danny should be together. Even though they bicker and fight on a superficial level, it’s clear that they both value each other deeply–and that was showcased perfectly when Danny “kidnapped” Mindy because he needed her to be with him when he finally confronted his father. The kiss itself was an adorable throwback to the last time the two were on a plane and held hands when turbulence hit. I’m so, so excited to see how it’s handled once the show comes back in April.
2. Hong Kong: This time last year, I was visiting Hong Kong. I miss Hong Kong. The picture above is from my visit to the Ladies Market in Mongkok. That is all.
3) Elite Daily’s The Dos and Don’ts: How to Prepare for Post-Grad Life: This is pretty generic advice but I do agree with one of the “Don’ts” – don’t (necessarily) listen to what others tell you. A lot of people will expect you to have everything figured out the moment you get your diploma and the truth is, you might not have things figured out yet. And that’s okay! The best thing to do in that situation is to take some time and carefully plan out what your next step will be. Too many people feel pressure to pick a career path right away and this can lead to bad decisions (sometimes). I’ve seen this a lot with friends that have gone to grad/law school. I’m in law school, so I’m not discouraging it but it is a big decision. It’s a good idea to make sure you’re going for a good reason, because far too many people jump in without looking, only realize that it’s not for them after they’ve wasted lots of time and lots of money.
4) Bow Rings: I absolutely love, love, love bows in any form. I’ve always adored the Kate Spade bow ring, but I’ve never felt that it was worth splurging on. But then I found this beautiful Madewell bow ring, which I think is the perfect substitute!
5) Meringue: Lately, I’ve been loving meringue cookies/kisses. I know they are pure sugar, but I can’t help it. I picked up a few from a pastry shop the other day and they were so delicious! So I’ve decided that I definitely need to try making these yummy treats on my own one of these days. Here is a recipe for those of you who want to try making some of your own too.
Have a great weekend, everyone!