One of my favorite things about winter is hot chocolate (with piles of marshmallows!). A close runner-up to hot chocolate is the Starbucks winter classic, Peppermint Mocha.
So naturally, when I found a delicious recipe that combined two of my favorite warm beverages, I had to try it! Here is the recipe below, I hope you all will enjoy!
What You Will Need:
- 1 quart of milk
- Three crushed peppermint sticks
- Half a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- A third of a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the unsweetened cocoa in a medium saucepan and whisk in milk until all of the cocoa has dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint to the mixture.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ensure that the peppermint and chocolate chips have dissolved properly.
- Serve in mugs of your choice.
- Top off each mug with marshmallows.
What’s your favorite drink to keep warm during the frosty months? Share it in the comments below.