bow shoes, bows, bright colors, cupcakes, dc living, friendship, georgetown cupcake, heels, india, indian food, interior decor, kate spade, mumbai, new apartment, pastels, rasovara, shoes, sprinkles, the friday five, toxic friends, toxic friendship, yummy
1) Indian food: Have I mentioned how much I love Indian food? I LOVE spicy food, so Indian cuisine has always been a favorite of mine. The meal above is from Rasovara, a restaurant I visited when I was in Mumbai, India. It was completely delicious! I can’t name everything on the plate, but it was all yummy, especially the chocolate samosa (left corner)! I’ve been craving Indian food all week, so I think I might need to make a visit to Rasika this weekend.
2) Get Rid of Toxic Friendships: After reading this article on Elite Daily, I’ve been thinking a lot about the friends I have. I don’t think I have any toxic friendships in my life right now but there was a time where I did–and she was my “best” friend at that point. We were best friends from elementary school till college… but the friendship was always volatile and tumultuous.
It was very much a love-hate type of friendship. On some days, we were the best of friends, while others, we couldn’t stand each other. We stuck together (for some unknown reason) even though we were always in competition with each other. Eventually, we ended our friendship in college. Strangely enough, despite the numerous dramatic fights we had as teens, the actual death of our friendship was quiet and gradual. We drifted apart and now–apart from being Facebook friends–have no contact with one another.
Now that I look back on it, I’m thankful that we ended our friendship on a (relatively) good note instead of a big blow-up. At the end of the day, we weren’t healthy for each other. You shouldn’t fight constantly with your friend or be secretly happy when they’re down in the dumps. You shouldn’t be constantly in competition, waiting to one-up each other. That’s not what friendship is about. And no one should tolerate that kind of friendship in their life. While it seems normal when it’s happening–or even in some twisted way, “fun” because you want that person to see how awesome you’re doing–it’s not normal and it takes a lot out of you, without you even realizing it.
3) Kate Spade Bow Heels: How adorable are these Kate Spade bow pumps? I’m completely in love with them, even though they seem rather impractical (where am I going to wear sparkly, pink bow shoes?!). That doesn’t stop me from loving them, though.
4) Sprinkles Cupcakes: While the words “D.C.” and “cupcake” usually conjure up the image of Georgetown Cupcakes, I’m rather partial to another D.C. cupcake store–Sprinkles! Their store is located in Georgetown too (they are actually a stone’s throw from Georgetown Cupcake) and the best part? There (usually) isn’t ever a line there! Which, for me, is a pretty big plus! Also, excuse my half-eaten Dark Chocolate cupcake–I couldn’t resist!
5) Pastels: How gorgeous are these pastel colors?! I’m pretty sure I mentioned in an earlier post that I’ve been trolling the Internet lately for interior decor ideas for my new apartment. And while I’ve been thinking of all all white and grey color theme for my place, this picture has made me really (REALLY) want to incorporate some soft pastels (and maybe some hot pink/orange too?). Even though there are so many different colors in the picture, it all looks beautiful and perfect together.
I really want to create an open, bright, clean and “fresh” feel in my new place and these colors are doing exactly that! I guess I might have to re-think what I originally had planned in terms of color scheme now.